Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why?

At age 35 (well all most) and a mother of 2 children under the age of 4, I find myself prioritizing things a lot differently than before. Though my life style and the restrictions of my life style haven't changed (i.e. work, location and finances) I have found I have changed. In the past few months I have lost 34 lbs and I'm continuing on with my weigh loss goals (which I don't have an end point for yet), this has made me look at what I eat, what my family eats and even where is comes from. With some of the nations focus turning to childhood obesity and the health of our children I worry about where that will leave Lex and Loki when they are older. I am their role and I need to be a guide for them.

In the past few years my husband, Mad Dog and I have started to source local foods and options. We joined a CSA, purchased pre-sales of Maple Syrup from a local Sugar Shack and recently stated purchasing our meat from a local farm/slaughter house. With Spring getting ready to spring we are looking to new resources and researching new options.

I have recently been blogging more and more about our pursuit to be more local in both my family blog Road to Nowhere and my personal weigh loss blog, Cute Fan Girl Body Wanted. I feel that it has come to a point that this pursuit has taken on a life of its own. Mad Dog kids me that I'm getting a little extreme, goose stepping my way into the local food movement. Because of this I am moving all my blogging activities related to my Local Food to this blog, keeping Road to Nowhere to my family matters and Cute Fan Girl Body Wanted to my weigh loss journey. I plan to document our travels in search of local foods, the people we meet, the foods we try, the education we receive and our attempts to become a little more homemade in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment